TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Fuel Testers is a classic.
People Seeking Info

Subject Fuel Testers is a classic.

Posted by not4resaleZ on April 19, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 345 times.

In Reply To Ethanol Gas is garbage....see links posted by Arkham_Z on April 18, 2014 at 09:04 PM

Message They are probably the most easily found anti-ethanol website. I remember when I was doing a lot of ethanol research in 2010, they had a page where site visitors could post their ethanol horror stories. There were maybe 4 or 5 posts by people suspecting they could have ethanol related issues and the most recent post was two or three years old. Looks like the site wised up and dropped that. Seems like the PayPal donations button is new.

Most of the Popular Mechanics article is not complete garbage, but old and way exaggerated. I would be surprised if they were to write the same article today. This is BS: “Worse yet, the alcohol itself oxidizes in the tank and produces a tenacious brown glop that's far more damaging to fuel systems than the varnish we're used to seeing in pure petroleum fuels. In warmer weather, you can see varnish starting to form within a month of dispensing fresh fuel into a vehicle tank or storage can.”

I like to get information from people who actually use the stuff in cars not specifically designed for it. This is one of my favorites:

[ http://forums.evolutionm.net/e85-ethanol/570749-fuel-system-after-3-years-e85.html ]

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.